Sunday, October 30, 2005

The blackberry's kiss of death

I had 20 mins to drive to Laguna beach from my apt. I rushed out in a hurry to attend my friend's wedding and when I flicked out my blackberry to check for directions, the handheld device slipped out of the holster, bounced on the floor and.....landed into the canal along my walkway!!! Infront of my very eyes, I witness the black berry sink into the 3-5 feet of water.

I reached for the blackberry in the azure water..I felt the canal bed and got hold of it and...it was vibrating!! I let out a sigh of relieve only to later be decieved. The black berry died!!! The vibration was probably its last breath before its demise. I quickly removed the battery to prevent any possibilities for short circuit. Surprisingly the battery compartment and the SIM card slot, etc was bone dry. I flicked my hand and removed as much water as possible.

5 hours later I tried reviving the little fella...no luck.

9 hours later..I tried again...this time...a miracle...the hour glass symbol appeared on the screen..the system booted up and my blackberry seems to work...for now.

So folks...here you go...proof that the black berry is err...waterproof..dont try it at home though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was gonna comment on the blackberry stuff and funny (well actually sad) that most of the comments now a days are advertisments. *sad*

3:54 AM  
Blogger BlackMamba said...

and what are you doing at 4:00am in the morning??

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home