Monday, November 21, 2005

High school chemistry

During high school, I had a love-hate relationship with the chemistry lab classes. The hatred came from the fact that the lab classes were awefully long and we had to do mundane experiments like titration to determine the number of moles of ch3cooh or NaOH in a sample. I mean these experiments were cool but doing them 100times over and over again is a little boring. Secondly, I was sent to detention class once for misappropriating some magnesium ribbons with my other classmates...That left a bitter after taste after I was mentally and physically abused by the evil prefects during detention class.

I had more fun squirting ionic water on my friends with the squeezy bottles or running my own experiments when the teacher walked out of lab for a second. Magnesium ribbons and acid, Magnesium ribbons and fire, Potassium Permanganate, etc. were more interesting to play with. There were some colored chemicals that I will use to stain on my friends' shirts and will demand a ransome before I gave them the oxidant to reverse the damage.

There were some prodigies in my class but... I was thoroughly impressed with the one who remain anonymous to this day for his feat of brilliance...The one who discovered the 4th law of newton. ...when I was bored in class as usual and started playing with the bunsen burner wooden blocks and noticed some writings on it. It was written....

Newton's 4th law of motion...
The angle of dangle is proportional to the thrust of the bust provided the mass of the ass is constant

The law was way beyond comprehension for most 14 yr olds in my high school.. including me...even now, I only partially comprehend the law. Remarkable is the display of utter geniusness that resides in the minds that lament structured education. If the Singapore government can unleash the practical implication of this law, it might solve the crisis the nation is facing in creating more babies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the balance my friend! together with the other 3 laws of Newton, we can understand 99% of our day to day lives! Without the 4th law.... we can only explain: 1% up to the late 20's, 20% up to the late 40's, 40% up to the late 60's, and 99% onwards... depending when we become impotent. J

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming from you seems to have a hint of sexual connotation.

For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Wonder why I said that.

7:11 AM  
Blogger BlackMamba said...

Now I see the missing link between comprehending the 4th law and the level of impotency. I am truly impressed with the intelligence of my friends.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home