Thursday, December 01, 2005

An exciting package

A big brown box came to my office this morning and I was excited. It contained my Lego Superbike among other Lego pieces that I am going to use for my client training on implementing pull system for manufacturing....yawn..

Anyhow for the more interesting topic..














Tah-Dah!!

That is my Superbike with contents. Finally I got myself Lego Technics...I could never ever afford them when I was a kid. I wonder which 10yr old kid in Singapore that Lego was marketting towards to spend $150-$200 over dollars on his/her toy. Actually I will take that back...kids nowadays have really expensive and sophisticated toys...
















I was trying to fit the connecting rod of the lego engine with my Ferrari piston* but somehow it wouldn't fit.














I found out why...the Ferrari piston head* was out of specs with the Lego ....














Check out the crank shaft on the V-4 engine and the interesting thing is Lego got the firing sequence reproduced accurately. 1-3-2-4, ...not bad. There were no valves, cam shafts, cams or whatsoever but I didn't expect that for a $50 Lego. In the other picture you can see the engine block.

One day when I strike the lottery I will buy the Lego Mindstorm and the bigger technics set with pnematic cylinders....

* Thanks to Giorgia, she managed to get me and Visco two authentic Ferrari race piston heads each from Italy...and Visco almost embezzled mine by not mailing it over for almost a year. At least we are one step closer to owning a real Ferrari..hehe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oriana and Reuben said...

so how did your client take to the lego demonstration? reminds them of good ol childhood days? hee

6:05 PM  
Blogger BlackMamba said...

Lego always makes people happy; especially engineers.

The client training is next week but in the past, it has served well as a tool to demonstrate manufacturing process so we can teach more complex lean manufacturing theories.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home